As expected there has been lots of speculation about the Blues over the last week, most of which is concerning the management situation but there is also the odd rumour floating around about possible player movements …
On MONDAY, the week started with the Telegraph stating that Turkey boss Guus Hiddink is the favourite to take over from Carlo Ancelotti following his spell as caretaker boss pre-Carlo’s reign, meanwhile Journalist Ian McGarry’s said on Twitter that Roman wants a double act of Marco van Basten and Hiddink.
Football writers with the Daily Mail feel that Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho will make a dramatic return to the club, whilst he is still adored by fans, there were questions over his relationship with the Russian owner but apparently they have made-up.
The Daily Mirror led with the announcement that Carlo Ancelotti will get his final year’s salary paid in full – the figure is thought to be around £5m-per-season salary.
On TUESDAY more Guus Hiddink gossip, the Guardian said that Chelsea are confident of getting the Turkish national boss – but as the outright manager rather as Director of Football.
Meanwhile the Daily Mirror feel he is only prepared to manage the Blues for one year before stepping-up to a director of football role.
The Sun does not think the Blues will able to get the Dutchman until October as he does not want to break his contract with Turkey, where he has a contract that runs until the Euro 2012 Championships – BUT if they fail to qualify before that date he could leave earlier.
Ex-Chelsea defender Paul Elliott told TalkSPORT that he believes Jose Mourinho will come back to manage at Stamford Bridge at some stage but not this summer as he still has unfinished business with Real Madrid.
On WEDNESDAY, there was finally some talk of transfers: £40m-rated Argentine striker Sergio Aguero announced that he is planning to leave Atletico Madrid but has refused to join city rivals Real and after being linked with a move to Chelsea for the last few years, Roman could well make a move for Aguero.
The Independent said that there will be a big clear out at the Bridge, with up to five players leaving and five more coming in and that they are open to offers for Nicolas Anelka who only has one year left on his contract.
On THURSDAY, Porto president Pinta da Costa is confident that his head coach Andre Villas-Boas would reject any approach from Chelsea, despite the coach having a release clause of £13m which will could easily be met by the Blues – Daily Mail
Even though there is no manager at the Bridge, it will not stop Chelsea bringing in new blood. The Daily Mirror says they are planning a £35m double Belgian swoop for Anderlecht teenage star striker Romelu Lukaku and Genk forward Kevin De Bruyne.
The Sun has reported that Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho has stated that he WILL NOT replace Carlo Ancelotti, meanwhile some good news for Ancelotti is that he could be offered an immediate Premier League return with QPR should current Loftus Road boss Neil Warnock move on ….
Bad news appeared in the Daily Express on FRIDAY, when it was announced that Chelsea’s former director of football Frank Arnesen is interested in teen star Josh McEachran for his new club Hamburg, where he is Director of Sport. And Salomon Kalou wants to wait and see who becomes the new boss at the bridge before making any decisions about his future.
The latest odds for the next boss sees Harry Redknapp as the favourite after there was a flurry of big bets placed on him taking charge – An interesting option that would make him the first English boss since Glen Hoddle.
With all eyes on the Champions League on SATURDAY, Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola became the latest manager to be linked with the Chelsea vacancy – this followed his refusal to confirm whether he will stay at the Nou Camp after the season ends.
In the Mirror, Midfielder Gareth Bale stated he wanted to wants Harry Redknapp to stay at Tottenham and continue the excellent job that he has done so far and the Daily Telegraph reported that Guus Hiddink has admitted he would consider a return to Chelsea, and the Sun ran a story that the Blues are going to make a fresh approach for Santos striker Neymar having missed out on him last summer when they offered £23m.
And finally a bit of gossip from the SUNDAY Mirror where it is thought Frank Lampard is set to propose to TV presenter girlfriend Christine Bleakley next week when they head off on holiday on one of Roman Abramovich’s luxury yachts in Sardinia.
Plettenberg hands Chelsea boost in pursuit of 23-year-old Portugal international
Transfer News: Chelsea handed boost in their pursuit of Rafael Leao after Manchester United cool interest According to German journalist...
“We created chances”- Chelsea’s Christian Pulisic on USA’s draw vs England
International: Chelsea winger Christian Pulisic gives his verdict after USMNT draw against England Chelsea and USMNT winger Christian Pulisic has...
Journo: 25-year-old Chelsea target is “leaning towards” Bayern Munich transfer
Chelsea set to miss out on RB Leipzig midfielder Konrad Laimer with Bayern Munich leading the race Chelsea look set...
“Joy of seeing him at Chelsea”- Serie A club chief gives verdict on losing midfield starlet
Inter Milan chief Roberto Samaden gives his verdict on losing Cesare Casadei to Chelsea Inter Milan academy director Roberto Samaden...
Chelsea and Manchester United to battle it out for 22-year-old French star
Transfer News: Chelsea and Manchester United set to battle it out for Leeds United goalkeeper Illan Meslier Chelsea and rivals...
Transfer News: Chelsea keeping tabs on Atletico Madrid star playing at 2022 World Cup
Transfer News: Chelsea keeping tabs on Atletico Madrid and Portugal striker Joao Felix Chelsea are keeping tabs on Atletico Madrid...